Early Life[edit | edit source]
Not much is known about Carolyn's early life.
Throughout the Series[edit | edit source]
Carolyn was first seen when Alex asked her about the note he left before his suicide attempt. She didn't want to give it to him at first, and Alex started yelling at her. Carolyn gave him the note after Alex promised that he would talk to his psychiater about it.Carolyn woke Alex up, wishing him a happy birthday and giving him balloons and talked about his birthday party. At the party, Alex started yelling that he should've succeeded in killing himself, which resulted in Carolyn crying and Bill comforting her.
During dinner, Alex asked his father about the evidence they have of Clay that makes them suspect him for murder. Bill told him that he can't discuss that, but Carolyn defended Alex by saying that it's understandable he's worried as Clay is a good friend.
Bill went through Alex’ room and found supplies for steroids. He asked Carolyn if they were from the hospital, but Carolyn told him that they were a consumer brand. Carolyn asked what was going on, but Bill told her that it’s all going to be fine.Carolyn is later seen having Thanksgiving dinner with Bill, Peter, Alex and Jessica.
Carolyn and Bill were eagerly waiting for Alex to open his college acceptance letter. When Alex revealed that he got accepted to Berkely, they loudly cheered and hugged. Alex wasn't too excited, so Carolyn told him that it's okay to take a few moments to take it in.
Alex introduced his boyfriend, Charlie St. George, to the family. Everyone was accepting and welcoming. Alex told Carolyn that he had expected for it to be a bigger deal. Carolyn asked Alex if Charlie is good to him and makes him happy, which Alex confirmed. Carolyn then hugged him and said that makes it a very big deal to her.Carolyn attended Justin Foley's Funeral with Bill and Alex. She also attended Alex's graduation along with her family. She and Bill told Alex how proud they are and took pictures with him.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Carolyn is shown to be a sweet and caring mother to Alex. She can also be strict, as she put Alex on an organic whole-grain macrobiotic diet and got angry at Alex for having candy in his room.
Physical Appearance[edit | edit source]
|Note: This section is a stub. You can help 13 Reasons Why Wiki by expanding it.|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Season 2[edit | edit source]
Season 3[edit | edit source]
Season 4[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- See also: Category:Images of Carolyn Standall
References[edit | edit source]
- Yorkey, Brian (writer) & Araki, Gregg (director) (May 18, 2018). "The First Polaroid". 13 Reasons Why. Season 2. Episode 1.
- Yorkey, Brian & Moore, Kirk (writers) & Morris, Michael (director) (May 18, 2018). "The Third Polaroid". 13 Reasons Why. Season 2. Episode 7.
- Shang, Helen (writer) & Dowling, Kevin (director). (August 23, 2019). "There Are a Few Things I Haven't Told You". 13 Reasons Why. Season 3. Episode 11.
- MacDonald, Allen, Malone, M.K., Higgins, Thomas, Tyler, Hayley, Smith, Trevor Marti (writers) & Dowling, Kevin (director). (August 23, 2019). "And Then the Hurricane Hit". 13 Reasons Why. Season 3. Episode 12.
- Yorkey, Brian (writer) & Kretchmer, John T. (director). (August 23, 2019). "Let the Dead Bury the Dead". 13 Reasons Why. Season 3. Episode 13.
- Jahani, Sahar, Higgins, Thomas (writer) & Gonera, Sunu (director). (June 5, 2020). "Acceptance/Rejection". 13 Reasons Why. Season 4. Episode 8.
- Yorkey, Brian (writer) & Lohmann, Tommy (director). (June 5, 2020). "Prom". 13 Reasons Why. Season 4. Episode 9.
- Yorkey, Brian (writer) & Yorkey, Brian (director). (June 5, 2020). "Graduation". 13 Reasons Why. Season 4. Episode 10.