Clay's mental health continues to decline as the friends wrestle with difficult emotions during their college admissions interviews.
Clay wakes up in hospital and says he has a college interview after possibly confessing to covering up a murder in his admission essay. However, he has to remain in the hospital under observation. Meanwhile, the rest of the students meet up with college recruits for their interviews.
In Tyler’s interview, he admits to having a lot of struggles but his hope would be to start over. He wants to study photography in an arts school. When asked about his latest project about guns, Tyler explains that guns are beautiful but deadly. The fact that he put that into pictures, doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. He wants to get people to see and think why people feel attracted to guns but also fear them simultaneously.
Back at the hospital, Justin apologizes to Clay for not being there to help him. Clay says he’s not crazy, he’s just scared. Justin offers to stay with him, but Clay refuses saying he feels embarrassed.
Ani’s back, and she walks in on Jessica and Diego as she ushers him out of the window. Meanwhile, Winston and Estela are on to something. From the playbook, Winston manages to deduce that Jessica is in on the coverup. Estela is skeptical about this because she thought Jessica was her friend.
Zach calls out Diego with other football players and Winston to the pier to tell them the truth. He instead taunts and infuriates Diego causing him to beat him but doesn't fight back. While he gets punched he visions himself punching the night he killed Bryce.
Clay suddenly shows up and gets in Tony's car while he is waiting for Tyler's arrival in order for the mistaken gun dealing to happen. At first Tony thinks Tyler and the police dropped out of the plan, but then Tyler comes into view. Tony and Clay chase after Tyler just as he meets the gun dealer, frantically ask him to come with them and leave the scene. The police sirens come up, they get panic and the gun dealer points his gun at Tyler's head. The episode ends with the gun goes off in Clay's direction as he keeps shouting not to shoot Tyler.
|Note: This section is a stub. You can help 13 Reasons Why Wiki by expanding it.|
|“||I'm not crazy. I'm just scared.||”|
|— Clay to Justin|
|“||I had two friends. Two very different friends. Two people I love... who each had a moment... in their lives when they looked in their world and saw that nothing was ever gonna change. Ever. And they each made a decision in that one moment. One terrible, painful decision that they could never take back. And that's what brought the change. Painful... awful... change.||”|
|— Jessica talking about change in her college interview|
- Ani: "The truth is, I don't think my friends would have any idea how to describe me. When they... when they look at me, they only see what I want them to see. Just like you're only seeing what I want you to see, which, frankly, isn't the real me at all."
- Interviewer: "Then who are you?"
- Ani: "I don't know."
- ― Ani how her friends see her in her college interview
- Interviewer: "Your mother has also struggled with addiction?"
- Justin: "She, um... Yeah, she has."
- Interviewer: "You have shown such fortitude. That will serve you well in college."
- Justin: "Or did I just get really lucky? That I got out? She never did. No one ever gave her a fucking chance. Maybe "fortitude..." has fuck-all to do with it, and it really is all about circumstances."
- ― Justin about his mother in his college interview
|“||I've made a lot of mistakes, some bad choices, and I don't always... I don't always think things through. But I know that if a friend needs me, or is in danger, or anything, if there is anything I can do to help them, I will. I'm really... really trying to do the right thing. I am. Even when it's not clear what that is. 'Cause I don't want to live my life based on someone else's idea of... what's right, or what's moral, or what's good. I want to figure it out for myself. Even if I make mistakes along the way. And the one thing I know... is it is never wrong to care about your friends. It's never wrong to be a human being and love someone as well as you can.||”|
|— Clay in his college interview about what's most important to him|
- This episode reveals that Amber Foley passed away.
- Jessica talks about two of her friends in her interview but doesn't mention their names. She is actually talking about Hannah Baker and Alex Standall. The life-changing decisions of her friends she's talking about that 'they could never take back' can be Hannah and Alex's suicide/suicide attempts, but it's more likely that it's Alex's decision to kill Bryce in Alex's case, as Alex actually survived his suicide attempt and that can be considered as 'taking it back', while Bryce's death cannot be taken back.
|Theme Song: "Oh In This World Of Dread, Carry On" by Eskmo|
See Also Edit