Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The Jensens make the boys take a drug test. When the Liberty parents learn about an upcoming party, Clay suspects that they're tracking the students.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Clay is out jogging when he ends up in Navy Pier, the site where Bryce drowned. Clay narrates that he feels disconnected from reality. His parents are concerned about both Justin and Clay. They make them take a drug test; Clay’s test comes out positive but he accuses Justin of switching them. Because of the uncertainty they’re both grounded. The two boys wonder how their parents always know where they are and how they always find them easily. Clay believes they’re being tracked through their phones. Justin thinks Clay is paranoid and delusional, but when questioned why he’s been to his old neighborhood Justin goes quiet. When Clay storms off, Justin calls someone asking if they can meet up.
Turns out it is Coach Kerba who was on the phone with him. The two meet up for coffee and Justin tells him he’s not doing so good. He explains about the drug test and how he thinks Clay’s parents don’t trust him. He feels overwhelmed and doesn’t know what to do to continue on his sobriety path.
Jessica’s dad invites Diego to dinner since Jessica’s been spending a lot of time with him. He doesn’t want her to go to the Find Your Drink Party, a gathering where you try different drinks and find your preferred drink before heading off to college. Jessica’s surprised he even knows there’s a party. Then Luke announces the party is called off as Beecher’s parents found out.
At Monet's, the group discusses the recent developments concerning the parents. They seem to know a lot lately. Clay thinks they’re being tracked and it’s not a coincidence. Jessica adds it’s not just within their inner circle but it’s why Beecher’s party was canceled. Justin arrives home late, waking Clay up. He then tells him they’re being watched.
At school, Clay asks Cyrus and his friends to help him find a new location for the party but under a VPN. Meanwhile, Jessica is hanging out with Estela when Winston comes and introduces himself to her. He tells her they’re planning a memorial for Monty at the party and that she should come. After he leaves, Jessica warns her to stay away from him. In the hallway, Zach tells Alex he’s picking him up at 8 pm for the party. The two joke about the kiss.
That night, a student sneaks into Liberty and smashes the cameras placed in the halls. Sheriff Diaz talks to SRO Ted Wynn about the boxing match and Find Your Drink Party. Ted thinks he’ll get Tony to tell him something about it.
At Monet’s, Jessica enters the coffee shop with Diego. Justin is working and Jessica approaches him with their order. He’s annoyed by her relationship with Diego. When Jessica asks if he’s going to the party later Justin says no, as he’s trying to stay sober.
At therapy session, Clay insists he didn’t take drugs. Dr. Ellman thinks he’s paying a high price for keeping secrets, which he doesn’t yet know.
At the party, Winston and Jessica play a game of Paranoia. Winston says Jessica’s life would be easier if Bryce was still alive and Jessica drinks to that, indicating he’s correct. Then Jessica fires back at him that he’s not as smart as he thinks. Clay narrates that he’s never done drugs but at the party he smokes weed. Justin arrives to the party after all and the two get into an argument about Clay’s parents. Justin asks why he lied to them about the drug test and that his parents don’t trust him anymore. However, Clay retorts that they never did that’s why they drug tested him. Then he says they’re not Justin’s parents but his.
Outside, the football team has a memorial for Monty and pour one out for him. Jessica sees a hallucination of Monty and runs off.
At the boxing match, Tony goes up against a taller and bigger guy. They claim he’s welterweight. The fight doesn’t start off great but after encouragement and advice from Caleb, he manages to make the winning shot. Sheriff Diaz is present in the fight.
Back at the party, Charlie finds Alex watching a movie by himself. The two have some weed cookies and snuggle up. When asked how he learned to make them, Charlie said it was when his mother was sick. He learned how to make it to help ease his mother’s pain.
Clay approaches Zach by the piano. He apologizes to him about not telling everyone about Winston from the beginning. He finds out Zach can play piano, which surprises him. Zach says he was forced to learn how to play for 7 years. They then sing together. When Zach notices a girl staring at Clay, he gives him advice on what to whisper in her ear to get laid. If he manages, then he’ll get to drive his Audi. Later, he tries it out and it works. Once Clay and Valerie finish having sex, they return the party where her boyfriend confronts Clay. The two end up fighting and Clay punches him repeatedly before Zach pulls him off. Then he storms off after telling Diego and Winston “I will end you.”
Zach sees Chlöe for a moment. She tells him she’s doing well and she’s planning on going San Diego State. She thanks him for his help. Zach leans in to kiss her, but she says she has a boyfriend.
Diego and Winston discuss how they need to get to the bottom of things for Monty. Diego then asks if it’s true that Monty beat him. Winston confirms but says it’s out of context, they hooked up at the party but he didn’t want everyone to know he’s gay. He then tells Diego that Monty has to be innocent because they were together the night of Bryce’s murder. Later, Justin and Tony meet at his old neighborhood. They catch Tyler giving a package to a driver. Justin recognizes him, he deals guns.
After the party, Clay drunk drives with Zach celebrating that he isn’t a virgin anymore. He then slips into a trance and starts to speed up the car until it topples over and crashes.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Justin: "You lied to Matt and Lainie about the drugs. They think I relapsed. You have any idea how long it took them to trust me?"
- Clay: "Sorry, who the fuck are Matt and Lainie?"
- Justin: "Your mom and dad."
- Clay: "Yeah, my mom and dad. They're not your fucking parents, so stop pretending they are. They know what you are. You're not fooling anyone, Justin."
- Justin: "Dude."
- Clay: "Yeah. They never trusted you, that's why they drug tested you."
- ― Clay and Justin
- Clay: "Look...I fucked up."
- Zach: "Yeah, you really did, but which time in particular are you talking about?"
- Clay: "I shouldn't have kept the thing about Winston from you guys. I was just trying to do the right thing."
- Zach: "You were trying to be a hero."
- Clay: "I was trying to be a fucking hero."
- Zach: "And being a hero is a waste of time."
- Clay: "It is."
- ― Clay and Zach
- Clay: "Amazing. I mean, how can you guys be punks and geeks at the same time?"
- Cyrus: "There aren't genres anymore, Clay. No labels, just people."
- Clay: "I mean, you just called the jocks 'jocks.'"
- Cyrus: "It's how they self-identify. I'm just being respectful."
- ― Clay and Cyrus
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Clay stated to his therapist that he has never tried Pot: "I literally have never tried pot, in my life. I'm scared of drugs. Benadryl is a bad trip for me... I've done some bad shit. I haven't done pot.". He also stated that he has never done drugs, however, Clay did drugs for the first time with Hannah, Sheri, Alex, Jeff and Leah shown in the second season during his testimony. He did drugs once again in this episode.
- Clay loses his virginity during the party with Valerie Diaz, the daughter of officer Sheriff Diaz. Clay had premature ejaculation, possibly because it was his first time and he was anxious.
- It is noted that Ani and Clay have broken up.
- Although it's never stated, Clay presumably tested positive for the drug test from eating Charlie's weed cookies. It's also possible that he did drugs while dissociating.
Multimedia[edit | edit source]
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
|Theme Song: "Oh In This World Of Dread, Carry On" by Eskmo|
|"Better That Way"||Tusks||Avalanche||Jessica and Justin argue at Monet's.|
|"The Way It Goes"||Sneaks||Highway Hypnosis||Plays at the house party.|
|"Tiny Dancer"||Elton John||Madman Across the Water||Zach and Clay sing at the piano.|
|"Shake That (Wiggle Wiggle)"||Like Son||Shake That (Wiggle Wiggle)||Clay goes up to Valerie and flirts with her.|
|"I Was A Window"||SASAMI, Dustin Payseur||Sasami||Clay has sex with Valerie.|
|"Under The Moon"||070 Shake||Modus Vivendi||Tony has his first boxing match.|
|"Why Me"||LoneMoon||why me||Justin and Jessica talk at the party.|
|"In Too Deep"||Extreme Music||Pop House 2||Alex and Charlie watch a movie and talk.|
|"Shimmy"||MISSIO (feat. Blackillac)||The Darker The Weather // The Better The Man||Clay fights with Valerie's boyfriend.|
|"My Body"||Young the Giant||Young the Giant||Tony and Justin spy on Tyler; Clay drives and crashes Zach's car.|
Images[edit | edit source]