|“||Being on a successful show is kind of like being a sea turtle. Every year sea turtles lay hundreds and hundreds of eggs but only a few manage to survive and mature. It's the same with TV pilots. There are so many great ideas, but for whatever reason only the lucky ones get picked up. I know that sounds kind of cheesy, but that's how it feels to me.||”|
|— On success with TV Shows|
Agena is probably best known for her role in Gilmore Girls, where she played Lane Kim, a Korean-American teenager who is the best friend of Rory Gilmore, one of the lead characters. Agena played this role despite being significantly older than her character, who was 15 at the start of the series when Agena was 27.
Agena has also played the role of Mearing's Aide, Mearing being played by Frances McDormand, in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Agena also appeared in three episodes of Felicity as Leila Foster, a girl who comes to the lead character for assistance in acquiring the morning-after pill and participates in a protest when denied said medication.
She also provided the voice of Yori in the Disney cartoon series Kim Possible in seasons 2, 3, and 4 of the show. Also, Agena played Jun Ni in the movie Hair Show starring Mo'Nique. She guest-starred on Private Practice, Castle, and episode 12 of the final season of ER. She also appeared in Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous alongside Jessica Simpson as an army private. In 2010 she appeared onstage in No-No Boy in Santa Monica, California. She later appeared in an episode of House as Dr. Cheng.
Awards and Nominations Edit
- She won Best Female Actor Emmy Award, which honored Asian and Asian-American achievement in film or television. She won the award beating out Lucy Lui, Ming Na and Tia Carrere.
- In 2001, 2002 & 2003 she was nominated for a Teen Choice Award as the Teen Choice Sidekick for her role in Gilmore Girls.
- In 2002 she won a Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Drama Series as a Supporting Young Actress for her role in Gilmore Girls.
- She attended Whitman College for one year as a drama major.
- She explained, to pronounce her last name, think of the word "again".
- She has two cats.
- She was named as a Presidential Scholar in the Arts
- She won an Ammy Award, beating out Lucy Liu, Ming Na, and Tia Carrere
- She married Shin Kawasaki in a helicopter over Las Vegas, NV December 19, 2005.
- She played a teenager on Gilmore Girls despite being 27 when she first started portraying Lane Kim.
- Her first name Christine means "anointed" in Greek aka "follower of Christ". This was a name applied to Jesus by early Greek-speaking Christians.