|“||When you're the target, you do anything you can to protect yourself.||”|
|— Courtney Crimsen|
This episode focuses on Courtney Crimsen's testimony. She serves as the main narrator of this story.
NOTE: PLOT IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Jessica gets a message in her locker instructing her to keep her mouth shut. Mr. Porter tries to let her know that he's there for her but she's not buying it. Olivia arrives at the courthouse where a group of protesters has gathered.
During her testimony, Courtney finally gets the courage to reveal that she is a lesbian and that she was the one who had a crush on Hannah.
Clay visits Tyler and asks him about the Polaroids but he doesn't know anything about them. Tyler makes a new friend named Cyrus during Mr. Porter's class.
Jessica tells Alex about the threats but storms off after he suggests that telling the truth is the only way to make them stop threatening her.
Clay and Skye talk about Hannah but Clay is distracted since he now sees her ghost everywhere. Olivia talks to Jackie about Courtney's testimony but the subject changes when Jackie finds the bloody dress that Olivia was wearing the day Hannah died.
At cheer practice, Chlöe apologizes to Jessica for not being transparent about her new relationship with Bryce. Tyler catches the whole interaction on camera but as a result, gets banned from taking pictures of any female sports.
Zach helps Alex with physical therapy but Alex gets frustrated and pushes Zach away.
Olivia has a meltdown after Jackie mistakenly washes Hannah's bloody dress.
Skye invites herself over for dinner at Clay's house. It goes awry when Skye tries to jerk him off under the table in front of his parents. Upstairs, she tries to have sex with Clay but he can't get it up. Skye becomes upset and leaves after accusing him that he's still in love with Hannah.
Sonya interrogates Mr. Porter about the missing page in his datebook. Alex gets a threatening message that says "Better Luck Next Time." Clay chases after Skye only to find her being taken away by an ambulance.
Guest Starring Edit
- The episode is about Courtney and Hannah's photograph, and more specifically a deeper look into Courtneys' sexuality. - The official Instagram page for the series created a series of stories, that reveal the episode names, along with audio of characters talking. Courtney states "When you're the target, you do anything you can to protect yourself."
- It is revealed in this episode that Jessica has been sleeping on the floor of her parents bedroom, because she can't be in her own room, which seems to be a nod to her having PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).
|“||No it's not possible because it was the other way around. I liked her. I was the one with the crush.||”|
|— Courtney Crimsen, while being questioned during the trial.|
|“||What's the truth? What's true? I think we each have our own truth||”|
|— Courtney Crimsen|
|“||We all have things we keep hidden, sometimes keeping secrets is how you survive, because in high school, one rumor, one picture, one incident can define you, forever.||”|
- Todd: "You're doing the right thing, honey"
- Courtney: "I know. Now it's gonna be out there. Everything I said in my deposition."
- Todd: "Look, what happened to Hannah, after that photo, it happened to you, too. And that is not your fault."
- Steve: "You told the truth. And that's all you're gonna do again today."
- ― Todd and Steve reassuring Courtney, who is nervous on being in court
|“||When rumors spread, you can fight them or ignore them, but they never really go away. When you're the target, you do anything you can to protect yourself. Sometimes you hide. Sometimes you fight back. Anything you have to do. Because the thing is, in high school, everyone's watching you all the time. You have to be careful||”|
|“||This was the dress I was wearing the day I found Hannah. I always meant to wash it but I just couldn't bring myself to.||”|
|— Olivia Baker tells Jackie about the significance of the dress.|
|“||I can't help Jessica because I can't remember shit. And everyone that can help me remember won't even help me.||”|
|— Alex Standall, during PT with Zach.|
- Clay: "So, let me get this straight."
- Hallucination Hannah: "Okay."
- Clay: "You don't know why you're here, you don't know how I'm supposed to feel about it, you don't know why I haven't seen you and even though I haven't tried to think about in months and then you show up tonight."
- Hallucination Hannah: "Precise and accurate, in true Clay Jensen style."
- Clay: "And you're still allowed to make fun of me."
- Hallucination Hannah: "Allowed? Obligated? Who can say?"
- ― Clay talking to a hallucination of Hannah
- Clay: "Are you real?"
- Hallucination Hannah: "Do you see me?"
- Clay: "Are you a corporeal?"
- Hallucination Hannah: "That seems like a science-fiction question."
- Clay: "Can I touch you?"
- Hallucination Hannah: "That seems like a loaded question."
- Clay: "This is fucked up, right? Like I-I'm seriously fucked up."
- Hallucination Hannah: "I don't think you're fucked up. I think you're just, working through things."
- Clay: "Things like seeing a ghost?"
- Hallucination Hannah: "And other things."
- ― Clay trying to understand why he is hallucinating Hannah.
- Lainie: "How was court yesterday?"
- Clay: "Why don't you tell me?"
- Lainie: "I was just there to drop off some files. What about you?"
- Clay: "I was just curious."
- Lainie: "Clay, I know you said you don't think about Hannah, that you don't care about her anymore, but I am worried that that's not true."
- Clay: "I gotta get dressed for school."
- Lainie: "Well... okay."
- Clay: "Okay."
- ― Lainie and Clay about court
- Hallucination Hannah: "Nothing's going on?"
- Clay: "I have to go to school."
- Hallucination Hannah: "And you don't care about me anymore?"
- Clay: "Look, I tried Hannah. I did everything I could for you, and nothing worked. Nothing. And now you're back and there's still nothing I can do."
- Hallucination Hannah: "If that's true, why am I here?"
- Clay: "Yeah. Exactly."
- ― Clay, frustrated that Hallucination Hannah is there, not knowing what else he can do.
- [Clay picks up the first Polaroid he is given]
- Hallucination Hannah: "Hannah wasn't the only one? What do you suppose that means? Who gave it to you? And why now, the day my trial started?"
- Clay: "You think they're connected?"
- Hallucination Hannah: "You think they're not?"
- Clay: "[sighs] I think that I need to get dressed and go to school and try to live my life."
- ― Clay and Hallucination Hannah on the first Polaroid he is given.
|“||It's just...Tyler Down, who testified yesterday, called out a couple kids and they weren't happy. That's all.||”|
|— Jessica to her Dad on being nervous to testify in court.|
|Watering||Big Thief||Capacity||While Courtney is giving her testimony, they flash to a scene of her at Monet's talking to her dads about the trial|
|Show Me||Owen Chaim||Sick Widdit||The cheerleaders rehearse.|
|Woman Is a Word||Empress Of||Woman Is a Word – Single||Courtney continues giving testimony while scene flashes to her studying at Monet's; Jessica sits down to talk to her about her testimony.|
|Somebody Else||The 1975||I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it||Olivia and Tony talking in the pharmacy; Skye and Clay in bed.|
|Burning House of Love||X||Unclogged / Ain't Love Grand (Deluxe Version)||Clay screams at Hannah in the street; End credits|
Original Music Edit
|Tangled Up||Parade of Lights||13 Reasons Why: Season 2 (Music from the Original TV Series)||Clay is talking to Hannah in his room|
|Bust On||APM Music||Skye helps Clay's dad make dinner.|
|War Drums of the North||APM Music||Tyler and his dad play a video game.|
|Lady Be Cool||APM Music||Skye, Clay and his parents have dinner together.|
|Court||Eskmo||13 Reasons Why (Season 2 - Original Series Score)||Sonya continues Courtney’s cross examination|
|Restarting||Eskmo||13 Reasons Why (Season 2 - Original Series Score)||Alex looks at pictures of himself when he was unconscious in the hospital.|